Most online students, even those who are successful, will tell you it takes an extra dose of motivation to stay on top of their assignments compared to the traditional classroom. No wonder online courses have an attrition rate that’s 10 – 20 percent higher than their face-to-face counterparts.
The anytime/anywhere convenience of online learning sometimes makes it too convenient to procrastinate, forget about, and become otherwise disengaged.
Online Student Engagement Tools and Strategies features 11 articles that provide practical advice from online instructors who recognize the value of engagement and its role in student retention and success.
Online Student Engagement Tools and Strategies
This report is free when you sign up for Faculty Focus, a free newsletter with effective pedagogical techniques to bring with you to both the classroom and online!
Here are just a few of the articles you will find in this 22-page report:
- Engaging Students with Synchronous Methods in Online Courses
- Indicators of Engagement in the Online Classroom
- Teaching Online With Errol: A Tried and True Mini-Guide to Engaging Online Students
- Engage Online Learners with Technology: A Free Tool Kit
- Promoting Student Participation and Involvement in Online Instruction: Suggestions from the Front